Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Becoming unplugged

Sorry for the lack of blog posting lately. While my goal is to post something once a week, I'd really like to do it a lot more.

I've been fairly unplugged from the world this week (except at work of course) since I'm spending most of my free time studying for the Haas Berkeley MBA statistics waiver exam. It's tough, because despite majoring in engineering, I somehow managed to make it through college without ever taking a statistics course. So I'm basically learning this stuff from scratch. I picked up four books at the Burlingame library and dug in. It's not easy, but if I pass the waiver exam it means that I don't need to take a statistics course at a junior college prior to starting the Haas MBA. That is, of course, assuming I'm accepted to the Berkeley MBA program in the first place. (Funny how I'm taking the test before I even know.)

Don't underestimate your ability to learn things on your own. In fact, that's sort of the premise of ThePoorMansMBA.com -- you can learn a lot about business without going to school.

No comments: